Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Blue Washcloth

When I start to make supper (about 5pm) Russell thinks it is instantly time to eat. He says, "eat! eat!" at the top of his lungs as he attempts to climb into his booster chair. Since even a tired mom can only take this for a few minutes, I start to get annoyed and try and divert his attention away from food- not easily done in our little place.

When this was happening on Tuesday evening, I was about to confine Russell to 'room-time' in his crib with his toys. I had reached into the linen drawer to get a washcloth when I looked down and saw a newly laundered blue washcloth stuffed into the drawer. My 'mommy-heart' melted. We (yes, Russell LOVES laundry and he helps) had done a load of laundry earlier in the day and I had not finished putting it away. I suppose at one point, Russell had put the washcloth in the linen drawer like he has seen me do many times before.

When Dan asks what Russell does all day, I tell him that Russell is my shadow. He is always two steps behind me. I guess he is learning more than I am teaching him...

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a cute story! Hana has started saying "Eat! Eat!" too and it's really hard to distract her when I am trying to get dinner done as quick as possible!!

Anonymous said...

That was just too precious!

Polly Gamwich said...

Hey, I tagged you.

Aly sun said...

Having a "shadow" is quite the responsibility. I am reminded of it every time Emma imitates me, good or bad.
You are a good mommy. Keep up the good work!