Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Remembering Anna


I 'met' Anna through BabyCenter during my pregnancy with Russell as we were both on the January 2006 board. She was a frequent poster and her posts were full of personality. I connected more with her in this last year when we both found out we were pregnant and both due on October 28th- with girls. She had lost a pregnancy at 16wks the previous year so she also understood the pain of miscarriage and loss.

After delivering Camille on October 22nd, she delivered Isabella on the 26th. Such a wonderful time! Six days ago (Thursday), Anna went in for a tubal ligation and returned home. Somehow, her bowel was perforated and sepsis set in. From what I understand, she had a fever on Friday and was seen by a doctor and told to take Tylenol. On Saturday, she was admitted to the hospital as her organs began to shut down. She died on Monday afternoon.

I guess online friends of today are like the old pen-pals of yesterday. Sometimes you never get to meet the person in real life but they still have become a part of your life and thoughts. I'll miss writing Anna and listening to her stories of raising three crazy boys and one precious daughter. My heart aches for Davide, her husband, and the many dark days ahead for her family and closest friends.

Embrace life today in honor of Anna.

13 comments:

C. Beth said...

Beautiful post, Hillary. It's so sad looking over at your Followers list and seeing her picture right there.

It's a sad day.

Aly sun said...

Very sad news. Such a "simple" procedure. Her family must be devastated.

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Melissa said...

Such a sad story. I read her last post on her blog....just so sad for all those close to her. No body knows when....

Stacey said...

Hillary, I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend, and so sad for her beautiful family.

Erin said...

That is horrible!! I am so sorry to hear about that.

A tubal ligation?? I thought that was pretty standard and safe.

So scary.

Renee said...

Oh my goodness. I am literally in tears reading this. my heart aches for her family.

Traci said...

That is beautiful, Hillary. Thanks for sharing it.

Traci said...

I'm following you now too. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, that is very sad but so beautiful that you are honoring her. Praying for her family!

Jan said...

Thank you for posting a bit of Anna's story, Hillary. So sad and tragic, especially for her sweet family.

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

This is so sad. I am heart broken for her family.

Choco Girl said...

I'm sorry to hear about the news of Anna..thank you for posting your thoughts about her. She sounded like a woman of life!