Sunday, August 22, 2010

My parents' visit


My parents came into town last Saturday, the 14th. We spent a few days north of San Fran near Santa Rosa and had an opportunity to visit the Charles M. Shultz museum. It was a fun trip but I didn't get much of a chance to read the displays due to the kiddos- but outside on the patio was a cute display of characters:-)






Later in the week, we did "A Day on the Bay" and took a boat tour of the Bay. It's been a few years since I did the trip but it doesn't get old. The Golden Gate is as magestic as it ever was and when the sky was as blue and warm as it was, it was a delightful day.






We ended our morning with lunch at the Boudin Cafe (famous for their sourdough bread). The kiddos fell asleep on the car-ride home so I knew they had a great day, too!

It was great to have extra hands to help with Camille, and Russell enjoyed having his grandparents around, too. He's old enough now to anticipate their arrival even though it takes him 48hrs to get used to them again but that will change as he ages. My parents left yesterday for the drive back to B.C. I'm so glad they take an interest in the kids and make the effort to see them:-)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That's so nice your parents came down....in the minivan, right? How are they liking the drive? I LOVE the pic of the bridge from beneath....so awe-inspiring.

april said...

It looks like y'all had a fun time! Your children...oh so cute and it looks like Russell is not shying away from the camera too much!