Monday, November 01, 2010

Our Halloween (err, Reformation Day)...

 Last Halloween, I was nine days post partum with an infant girl to care for. Russell had the croup and Dan was tired out- no wonder! So, this year we attempted our first Halloween trick-or-treating with a few of Russell's friends. We met up at a friends' home and enjoyed a pot-luck chili supper before heading off at 6:30pm for the 'treatin'. Dan took Camille home at that time since her bedtime is about 7pm anyway.



 (He charges $5/hr... a steal!)


 At first, Russell refused to go with the group to the front door and say "trick-or-treat" but after the fourth house, he realized his box wasn't going to fill up on its' own;-) As long as I held his hand, he'd at least stand at the door although he never did say the magic words. He was so happy to be out... "It's very late, isn't it Mom? It's so late! I'm never going to sleep again!" He could have kept going all night but after 1.5hrs, all of us parents were ready to call it a night.

I love you, Russell, and I'm so happy you faced your inhabitions and had a wonderful night!!

4 comments:

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

Aww! So cute! Will was shy at first, too, but he came around. Aric took him out with some friends, while I stayed at the friends' house with the friend's husband, Kai, and another friend to watch the baseball game. Now that was my kind of night! Mom got a break, and Will got some time with daddy. Awesome!

Photogrl said...

I love his costume...too cute!

Aly sun said...

Love the UPS costume. Where did you end up finding it. I was on the phone with you one day when you asked your UPS man if they sold child-size uniforms. Glad you found one. It is awesome.

PS Emma was a pig (wore all pink + a pig hat we found at good-will) and Mandy was a Fairy Princess.

UnicornMommy said...

I LOVE the UPS with box costume. Awesome.

Bug wanted to be a bat so I thought it would be cute for Hannah to be one as well. Yup. Cuteness. Next year tho, all girl.