Monday, April 11, 2011

Still here

Sorry I haven't posted. We're just getting used to living in this new area... far enough from old friends to feel isolated but close enough that a trip north on the freeway will help the homesickness.

I've enrolled Russell in the local athletic center for swim lessons. I'm not thrilled with his teacher and the structure of the lessons so far. Same story with searching for a new church/family. Small church was too small and disorganized. Big church felt like a visit to the mall- everyone was happy to be there but a formal environment. I know we have to give change in life a chance to get better but in the meantime, it's a struggle to live through these experiences. I know it's the times that the wind is blowing strong that challenges us to be strong people. How easy it would be just to skip everything in the middle and just end up at the end of the journey unscathed and naive.

Thanks for checking in.

4 comments:

C. Beth said...

Sounds like a challenging adjustment--I'm looking forward to hearing how God works it for good. :)

April said...

Thanks for sharing your heart Hill; like always. As I was somewhat feeling sorry for myself, Navy life, etc. I remembered that you went through some of the same thing...newly married and small deployments here and there and how instead of crawling in your cute little apartment, you reached out to be my friend and I will always remember that and be grateful for your friendship. I know words are not enough but I just want to thank you for being such an encouragment, even in the hard times.

I can't wait to see you in the upcoming days.

Love, April

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you Hillary!! - Jenn

Jen Loorz said...

Hi Hillary,

Just visiting your blog via the Sharmans' blog - they're dear friends of ours. My family lives in the Bay Area, too, and my husband is the head swim coach for Cal State East Bay. We both have coached a lot of recreational and club teams over the years (and taught a LOT of lessons), so if you need a recommendation on a stellar swim lesson program for your son, please let me know. We'd be happy to help. jenloorz@earthlink.net

All the best to you and your adorable family,
Jennie Loorz