Monday, March 15, 2010

Strawberry Empanadas

In an effort to clean out the large Ziploc bag of random recipes I've collected over the years, I came across a very easy recipe for Strawberry Empanadas. Yum. I have no idea where the recipe came from since the page it's on is photocopied but here it is...

1/4 cup cream cheese, room temperature
4 Tbsp. light brown sugar, divided
2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
1 pkg (8-count) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted

*Preheat oven to 375F.
*Blend in cream cheese and 2 Tbsp. of the brown sugar in a bowl. Fold in strawberries.
*Unfold the crescent roll dough into four rectangles, smoothing the dough together along the diagonal dotted line. Divide strawberry mixture among the four pieces, spooning onto the bottom half of the rectangle. Fold dough over and crimp the edges with a fork.
*Bake the rolls for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with melted butter and dust with the remaining brown sugar.

I made these on Sunday morning and they were so delicious. In an effort to get everyone fed, I didn't care to take the time to photograph our breakfast plates but they were just perfect. I love yummy breakfasts and so does my family:-)

1 comment:

Photogrl said...

These sound just delish!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!