Saturday, April 11, 2009

"All Things are Possible..."

"(We) cried out to God for help; (we) cried out to God to hear us. When (we) were in distress, (we) sought the Lord; at night we stretched out untiring hands and our souls refused to be comforted...

"Then I thought, 'To this I will appeal; the years of the right hand of the Most High.' I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mightly deeds.

Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God? You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples."

Ps. 77: 1, 13-14



After a day and a half of making phone calls and getting nowhere due to the insurance company, UCSF called us in a dither insisting that we drive up to the City immediately for an exam. It was 4:30pm on a Friday- and a holiday weekend. Could we be there by 5pm? I told the doctor that the soonest we'd be in her office was at least an hour since we had to find childcare and drive the 30+ miles. She said she'd keep the ultrasonographer in the hospital.

We reached UCSF at 5:45pm and had our exam (3D ultrasound- very cool!). The doctor on staff was a resident but he assured us he had consulted with the department head, Ruth Goldstein, as she had access to my ultrasound films on her computer at home. He said the pregnancy was a normal pregnancy and not a cornual pregnancy. The uterine wall was thin but he said there was no reason the pregnancy shouldn't progress in good health.

We have another doctor's consult scheduled on Tuesday as well at UCSF with the doctor that wrote the book on ultrasonography, Peter Callen. I'll find out on Monday if we should keep that appointment or not, or if Callen could just weigh in on our case by looking at our pictures.

The last two weeks especially have been emotionally and physically draining. We've heard and read the worst. We've hoped against hope when all looked dire. We began to mourn a child we'd never meet until Heaven. Now, we have reason to put all this behind us and embrace this pregnancy and anticipate a baby. We've been stung too often in the past to be naively pregnant but as the days pass and time erases the rawness of the last two weeks, I know we'll recover and begin to prep Russell for shared parent time, and the arrival of a new baby.

Please, for the prayer warriors that have banged on Heaven's gates, continue to lift us up. My body needs to remain strong to carry this child. Pray for health and strength for this child as well. Life is so fragile and it is only more so in utero.

It is difficult to say so at this time, but we truly hope that these years of infertility will be used for God's glory. If we could hug each of you that have prayed for us, we would:-)

17 comments:

alr said...

Praise God! Continuing to be hopeful for you guys and rejoicing in the findings of the UCSF appointment!

Elizabeth said...

Praise the Lord!! I'm rejoicing with you today. Our God is so great, what a wonderful reminder of how powerful He is. I will continue to pray for you.........Have a wonderful Easter!! :)

Jan said...

Wow, and thank you Lord for this wonderful miracle! Hillary, we will continue to hold up your arms as we pray for this child, so that your "hands remain steady until sunset" (Ex. 17:12). Your child is covered in prayer... yay God!

Glenn+Jenn+Owen+Ian said...

Hillary, first I am thanking and praising God for this news! The best Easter weekend ever!

I will continue to pray that the God of so many miracles will show his power and glory in your life!!

Don't have many words right now, just happy tears!

Aly sun said...

I am crying here. "Normal pregnancy" is the words we were longing to hear. Thank you God! I am still learning much through your struggles. God is being praised.

Anonymous said...

Oh!!!! I hope this it finally it for you two you deserve and healthy baby.

Melissa

C. Beth said...

I have tears in my eyes and am praising God as well as continuing to plead for this particular baby to be healthy--and you too.

The Healer and Creator of life holds you in His hands!

Anne said...

I'm so delighted to read this post Hillary. What wonderful news! What a lovely Easter present from our amazing God. I'll be praying.

Annie said...

oh, I am praying praying praying and hoping so much for you guys (((hugs)))

Photogrl said...

What wonderful news! I have goosebumps here as I read your words!

I will continue to pray for you, Hillary...

((HUGS))

Fie upon this quiet life! said...

What an Easter miracle! I am so happy for you and so glad that you did not give up! You are so brave! We will keep praying for you and sending you lots of love!

Kathy said...

That is wonderful news!!! You continue to be in my thoughts and prayers on this Easter morning. (((HUGS)))

Tracy said...

that is such fabulous news! What a miracle!

Cass said...

oh, so, so, so wonderful Hillary!

... but joy cometh in the morning.

kniegge5 said...

what a blessing to have this news on Easter:) now we can all count down to the big day:)

m said...

Such great news.... thinking of you all...

Choco Girl said...

I had to read a part over again. I don't know what to do, cry or jump for joy, both! It seems so surreal. I'm so happy to hear the news and that the doctors are so involved in this process. I love you and I'm looking forward to hearing more news. God is great! Thank you for sharing Hill!