Friday, June 27, 2008

Bedtime Conversation

Each night, we pray with Russell while tucking him into bed (okay, while he is jumping around on his pillow and arranging his stuffed-buddies). Last night, I asked him about wanting a sibling...

Me: "Russell, do you want to be a big brother?"

Russell: "Caillou?"

Me: "Yes, like Caillou. Do you like his baby sister Rosie?" (the kid knows the PBS line-up)

Russell: "Yes."

Me: "Do you want a sister?"

Russell: "Yes."

Me: (teary eyed, we prayed once again...)

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aww...we will pray that your bedtime conversations come true.

Anonymous said...

You've got my heart Hillary...

Anonymous said...

I know about that. I grieve that my daughter won't have a sibling super close in age. Hopefully your prayers and mine will be answered soon.

I didn't post this on my blog, but we told our DD that I was having a baby just DAYS before my last miscarriage. I had made it so far and was confident that the pregnancy had stuck. Anyway, it's tough when your toddler has to contemplate death. Just barely 3 years old and asking me if I am going to die. At one point I told her "I'm so lucky to have you!" to which she responded "but not lucky about the baby." She wanted to drive to God's house and get our baby back for me.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

C. Beth said...

Hillary--praying for you....