Sunday, January 18, 2009

Saying Good-bye to Traditional Scrapbooking

Every time I attempt to vacuum our bedroom, I have to lift (or navigate around) my large (but very nice) scrapbooking box/container. I bought the plastic container about 5 years ago when I finally gave up trying to keep random bags of all my supplies contained.

The last pictures I scrapbooked were from our trip to D.C. in May 2007 (in Russell's album) and Laura's wedding (in our family album). I have come to the resolve to use up most if not all of what I own this calendar year of 2009 and then henceforth, scrapbook online on Snapfish or Shutterfly (I also know that Creative Memories have a similar offer). I'm not an artistic sort of person and scrapbooking takes more detail and time than I wish to invest. I made a "birth-2 years" album of Russell for my Grandmother for Christmas 2007 and I really liked the outcome.

So, as Russell's third birthday approaches, I currently am printing out pictures from his second birthday and scrapbooking them;-) I don't mind vacuuming around my scrapbook box for another few months...

4 comments:

Grad3 said...

I had big dreams of scrapbooking Lil' P's first year, instead of using a traditional baby book-- HA!

Finally went out and bought a book- now that he is almost 9 months old :)

Jennifer said...

i always felt so bad that i made hana a newborn book, lost interest and finally consolidated her pics & msde her a 'birth - 2 yr' photo book on costco. i vowed to do better with alaina but...

Melissa said...

I would like to try digital scrapbooking sometime but not sure I want to sit at the computer any more than I do at work.

Cass said...

we always have alot of plans, don't we, we picture-takers and scrap bookers?!? :)

good for you for being sensible about it, using up what you have and then transferring to online books. i've done one up with shutterfly and it turned out great and it's so nice to see it all in 'book form', isn't it?!